Thinking About Quitting?
Planning to Quit
- Making the decision to quit smoking is an important step to improving your health.
- Take the time to plan your quit attempt!
- Make a list of your reasons for smoking AND quitting.
- Record how many, and when you smoke each cigarette and consider which ones would be easier to eliminate from your daily routine.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about using stop-smoking medications. Used with counselling, these can increase your chances of success.
- Set a quit date.
- Find a non-smoking buddy to help you.
- Anticipate challenges and think of ways to overcome cravings.
- Quitting is not easy! If at first you don’t succeed, try again. Each attempt is an important step towards becoming smoke-free!
- For more information about quitting smoking, contact Smokers’ Helpline at 1-877-513-5333 or visit www.smokershelpline.ca.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
smoking Newsroom Disclaimer Contact